22 Sept 2006

lagae raho munnabhai

After a lot of delays we were really determined to watch this movie that has been so talked about. I'm generally not a fan of prequels because they fail to live up to the original. It is usually cashing in on the fame and name of the first.

But i was presently suprised to watch the movie. The script is amazing. I rank it as one of my favorites. I mean, how easy would it be to come up with a script that is hilarious but still delivers a social message? It is really amazing. I was reminded of the tamil movie Annyan. However, since i hardly know any tamil i could just about follow the course of the movie with the help of some tamil speaking friends.

The movie is a must watch. It has awoken people to gandhi once again. There are reports of gandhi clubs spouting all over the place. Whether you like gandhi or just a good laugh I highly recommend the movie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gandhi clubs sprouting again? :) Movies do have a lot of influence. Wonder whether there was a surge of medical interest ater the first movie had released. Since you say so now, I will go watch it. And if it is not as good as you promise, you will buy me 3 shooters the next time you come down. Win-win situation, eh? :-)

Anonymous said...

BTW, check out my new blog ;)

White Knight said...

@ shivdeep:
doesnt sound like a win win situation for me. only for u. But if i put a condition of u having to buy me three shooters if the movie is good, u may just deny the fact that it is good for the benifit of the shooter. for that matter u can still deny that the movie is good and make me pay for them if i accept the deal. so sorry. no deal.

Anonymous said...

ha, just check out
http://knightinwhite.blogpsot.com

White Knight said...

thats funny. i just accidentally did that before coming here. wierd coincidence.