11 Aug 2007

Of counter and trackers

Some time back I decided to add a counter to my blog. I reached a site called Stat Counter . I am just over the moon with this site. The features that it offers are just amazing. I found out that if u type

lagae raho munna bhai

"Esop fable" grasshopper

naresh gupta ndtv video

ndtv tamasha political satire

"dinesh hinduja"

Into a google search, my blog shows up in the top ten hits. There are a few others keywords which were probably in the top ten then but don’t work now. As I explore this site I am amazed at all the services it offers me for FREE. I now know that I have a few hits from Latvia and USA. It is very very flattering to say the least.

The site also allows me to lookup the IP address of every visitor to my blog. It can also be configured to send a weekly report of page load activity to your email address. It also has features that would have a computer geek going bananas. The operating system the computers were running on, (Gotee, I know the number of times you have visited since the Linux OS could only be you :-P) , the screen resolution, which search engine sent me what traffic, the length of stay of each visitor, which part of the world each visitor came from etc.

“Where is the catch?” is the most common question. “Such services cost real money, you know”. Yes. I know. The answers to those questions can be found here. I very highly recommend the site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Am I the only Linux-user-visitor of thy "one-of-the-top-ten-on-google" blog ??
Say Yes!! Please! I'll be flattered :P

White Knight said...

:P it ain't one of the top ten blogs. though we all hope and dream that our blogs could make it there. ;)

Yep. By the IP address details and number of Linux user stats I would think so 8-)

Kim said...

try technorati.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David