19 Sept 2013

Ignite, Pomodoro and getting things done efficiently - Article for the day 19 Sept

Came across a video today that linked to a lot of ideas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH-z5kmVhzU

Ignite - A way of making presentations that are only 5 minutes long and the slides auto advance every 15 seconds. I loved the tag line: Enlighten us, but make it quick. I once had to make one of these presentations and it is incredibly hard. You have to figure out what is really really important and how to say it such that your audience is still engaged. It makes you have to throw out all the inessentials and focus on the main idea. I am sure we have all been to meetings at work that you wish this could have been the case :)

The Pomodoro technique seems brilliant. As I was watching the video, my phone buzzed and I paused the video to answer it. We are distracted and distracted all the time. This looks like something I would like to work into my daily routine. Lets see how it goes.



P.S. The logic behind these posts can be found in this post



No comments: